Monday, August 26, 2013

Chocolate Cupcakes

We finally found a cake recipe that is dairy free and doesn't taste dairy free!
These cupcakes were a hit with the whole family!
I even got a "Thank you mommy! That's so yummy!" from Brooklyn!
It always makes me happy when I can make something sweet for my dairy free kiddo.
I feel bad that she misses out on so many desserts and treats.

I found this recipe on Pinterest from snapguide.com. For some reason I am unable to pull up the page right now. So I will update when I can figure that out.








Chocolate Cupcake Recipe

Ingredients:
-->
2 c. Flour
½ c. Unsweetened cocoa
1 ½ c. Sugar
¾ Teaspoons Salt
1 ⅛ Teaspoons Baking soda
1 ½ Cups Water
½ c. olive oil
1 ½ Teaspoons Vanilla extract
1 ½ Teaspoons Cider or white vinegar 

 Directions:

-->
Combine and mix dry ingredients, mix wet ingredients separately. Blend dry ingredients with wet ingredients. Make sure all lumps are out. Pour into cupcake pan and bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean. Let cool and frost with desired frosting.
  

We used a dairy free tub frosting this time. I am still looking for a good dairy free frosting/icing recipe.



And that is it! Super easy and taste great!
We are planning to use this recipe for Eli and Brooklyn's birthday parties!


4 comments:

  1. http://www.laurenslatest.com/the-best-and-easiest-chocolate-frosting-birthday-cake/ use Fleischmann's Unsalted Margarine and use water or non-dairy milk to thin instead of milk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the link! That looks like a delicious recipe and easy to make a dairy free version! I will be trying that one next time I make a batch of cupcakes or cake. Have you tried the frosting recipe or the dairy free version?

      Delete
    2. Used dairy in it when i did it. same blogger also has a chocolate cake that's dairy AND egg free. http://www.laurenslatest.com/perfect-chocolate-cake/

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...